In Stock. Expected to ship within 2-3 Business Days
This is our new FAA NORSEE Certified Landing Height System with Gear Warning System. This unit is suitable for airplane with a retractable landing gear.
This unit can also be installed on a fixed gear airplane with the Gear Warning System disabled in the Setup menu.
This Landing Height System is FAA-approved for installations on FAA-certified airplanes.
It includes a built-in eye-safe Class 1 Laser (Light Detection and Ranging) along with an audio interface system so height announcements can be heard when coming to land.
- Aural height announcements starting 200 ft.
- Fully enclosed unit with quick-disconnect 5-wire connector
- An advance Audio interface that can be updated to use any language or accent if desired
- Built-in Wi-Fi interface for Set-Up and feedback with any Phone (iOS or Andriod), Tablets, or PC/Laptops
- Runs on both 12V or 24V Aircraft power Systems.
- Gear Warning System with isolated input to detect the status/condition of the Landing Gear using a single wire.
- GPS RS232 input from an external GPS
The Landing Height System offers situational awareness aid, added safety, and great advantages; especially in situations such as:
- When being used to 50 ft wide runway then visiting a 100 ft or 150 ft wide runways.
- Night landings especially when not current.
- When transitioning from a slower/trainer airplane to a higher-performance airplane.
Customers actual feedback:
– Perfect when going to a wider or different width runway.
– Precise and perfect landing each time.
– Helped me a lot at night landings with my not-so-bright landing light
This unit is approved for installation on an access panel or inspection plate internally (above the access panel; inside the wing or fuselage). Contact us for a different unit that is approved for external installations (below an access panel or inspection plate)
Download the Installation & User’s Guide (Rev A2).
Also download the MUST read Supplemental Wiring Guide.
For this product, refer to Model: LHS-200-C
These documents covers all the requirements, installation procedures, approved locations along with wiring guide and upgrade notes.
The LHS must be installed using a suitable access panel or inspection plate. Almost all general aviation airplanes have a suitable access panel that can fit the LHS unit. In certain situations where a suitable access panel is not available, “Superior Aircraft Components” company is selling an access panel kit prefabricated with the required LHS cut-outs. The link below takes you directly to their product page & site.
(Microkit Solutions is not affiliated with Superior Aircraft Components, Please direct sales / support / questions for this Access Panel kit to Superior Aircraft Component)
Check it out here: (Note, this is ONLY needed if a suitable access panel is not found and your A&P needs to make an access panel for the LHS) Superior Aircraft Components LHS Access Panel kit
LHS installed on a Cirrus SR22 G3
LHS installed on a Cessna Skylane RG