New orders expected to ship on or before 23rd April 2021 (Color of plastic case may differ than pictured)
This Landing Height System is FAA-approved for installations on FAA-certified airplanes.
It includes a built-in eye-safe Class 1 Laser (Light Detection and Ranging) along with an audio interface system so height announcements can be heard when coming to land.
- Aural height announcements starting 100 ft.
- Fully enclosed unit with quick-disconnect 4-wire connector
- An advance Audio interface that can be configured to use any language or accent if desired
- Built-in Wi-Fi interface for Set-Up and feedback with any Phone (iOS or Andriod), Tablets, or PC/Laptops
- Runs on both 12V or 24V Aircraft power
- NOW (Dec 2020 FAA approval) includes an option for a “Check Landing Gear” voice reminder. Once enabled via the Wi-Fi interface, this reminder is heard after the system announces the 70′ mark. Other voice reminders are being considered and new features can be uploaded via Wi-Fi in the field.
The Landing Height System offers situational awareness aid, added safety, and great advantages; especially in situations such as:
- When being used to 50 ft wide runway then visiting a 100 ft or 150 ft wide runways.
- Night landings especially when not current.
- When transitioning from a slower/trainer airplane to a higher-performance airplane.
Customers actual feedback:
– Perfect when going to a wider or different width runway.
– Precise and perfect landing each time.
– Helped me a lot at night landings with my not-so-bright landing light
- 100ft unit starts announcements from 100ft. The 70′ unit, of course, starts announcements from 70′. (Note: either unit may skip the first announcement depending on approach angle and descent rate).
- 100ft unit uses a different cut-out for the Inspection plate. You can see a photo example of each installation on the main page and/or each product page.
- 100ft unit uses a slightly larger case (only a few millimeters extra in height).
- Starting from 70ft and below, both units operate exactly the same.
- 100ft uses a different laser element than a 70′ unit. Both units use the same exact system, circuit board, and wiring.
This unit is approved for installation on an access panel or inspection plate internally (above the access panel; inside the wing or fuselage). Contact us for a different unit that is approved for external installations (below an access panel or inspection plate)
Download the full Installation & User’s Guide. For this product, refer to Model: LHS-100-B.
This document covers all the requirements, installation procedures, and approved locations.
Model LHS-100-B installed on a Cessna Skylane RG