(Color of plastic case may differ than pictured)
This is the LHS-100-B Model.
This Landing Height System is FAA-approved for installations on FAA-certified airplanes.
It includes a built-in eye-safe Class 1 Laser (Light Detection and Ranging) along with an audio interface system so height announcements can be heard when coming to land.
- Aural height announcements starting 200 ft.
- Fully enclosed unit with quick-disconnect 4-wire connector
- An advance Audio interface that can be configured to use any language or accent if desired
- Built-in Wi-Fi interface for Set-Up and feedback with any Phone (iOS or Andriod), Tablets, or PC/Laptops
- Runs on both 12V or 24V Aircraft power
- NOW (Dec 2020 FAA approval) includes an option for a “Check Landing Gear” voice reminder. Once enabled via the Wi-Fi interface, this reminder is heard after the system announces the 200′ mark.
The Landing Height System offers situational awareness aid, added safety, and great advantages; especially in situations such as:
- When being used to 50 ft wide runway then visiting a 100 ft or 150 ft wide runways.
- Night landings especially when not current.
- When transitioning from a slower/trainer airplane to a higher-performance airplane.
Customers actual feedback:
– Perfect when going to a wider or different width runway.
– Precise and perfect landing each time.
– Helped me a lot at night landings with my not-so-bright landing light
- 100-B unit starts announcements from 200ft. The 70′ unit (100-G), starts announcements from 70′. (Note: either unit may skip the first announcement depending on obstacles, approach angle and descent rate)
- 100-B unit uses a different cut-out for the Inspection plate. You can see a photo example of each installation on the main page and/or each product page.
- 100-B unit uses a slightly larger case (only a few millimeters extra in height).
- Starting from 70ft and below, both units operate exactly the same.
- 100-B uses a different laser element than a 70′ unit. Both units use the same exact system, circuit board, and wiring.
This unit is approved for installation on an access panel or inspection plate internally (above the access panel; inside the wing or fuselage). Contact us for a different unit that is approved for external installations (below an access panel or inspection plate)
Download the full Installation & User’s Guide. For this product, refer to Model: LHS-100-B.
This document covers all the requirements, installation procedures, and approved locations.
The LHS must be installed using a suitable access panel or inspection plate. Almost all general aviation airplanes have a suitable access panel that can fit the LHS unit. In certain situations where a suitable access panel is not available, “Superior Aircraft Components” company is selling an access panel kit prefabricated with the required LHS-100-B cut-outs. The link below takes you directly to their product page & site.
(Microkit Solutions is not affiliated with Superior Aircraft Components, Please direct sales / support / questions for this Access Panel kit to Superior Aircraft Component)
Check it out here: (Note, this is ONLY needed if a suitable access panel is not found and your A&P needs to make an access panel for the LHS) Superior Aircraft Components LHS Access Panel kit
Model LHS-100-B installed on a Cessna Skylane RG