Microkit’s VBox and VBox PLUS are a 50 hours Voice and 50 hours Data Recorder for General Aviation, it is FAA NORSEE Certified.
A great tool for post flight analysis, training, archiving and is a valuable aid post emergency events. Can be enhanced to take advantage of Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) for certain operators and flight schools. Perfect for recording certain audio notes, or reminders while flying without the need to write down a long message.
This is the General Aviation equivalent of the known “Black Box” but allows downloading voice & data anytime.
VBox PLUS is the Voice & Data Recorder (50 hours each), while VBox is the Voice only model.
- 50 Hours of Voice Recording
- (VBox PLUS) 50 Hours of Engine Monitoring System (EMS) Data and/or Telemetry Data Recording using an RS232 feed.
- (VBox PLUS) Data portion is intended for airplanes that are equipped with EMS (Engine Monitoring System); capable of supplying real-time or post flight RS232 data feed for various flight parameters such as Engine, Air Data, and GPS Data. Fully supports Garmin Text-Out (G3X & other models) EMS messages
- (VBox PLUS) Saves real-time General RS232 Feed (saving data as is) for other equipment that use its own format or TXT/CSV/Binary live output.
- (VBox PLUS) Offers a Manual Download option to retrieve data from EMS instruments that offer it manually after pressing a button on the instrument itself.
- All Recordings loop back once full. This makes the the last 50 hours of Voice & Data always available to download.
- WiFi Interface allowing phones, tablets and laptops to download any Voice & Data segment.
- Simple and straightforward installation, hooks up to the back of any headphone jack socket.
- Fully potted for heat, vibration, moisture, shock and fire protection using self-distinguishing, flame retardant ,aviation approved, encapsulating compound.
- Small unit, measures 4″ x 3″ x 1.5″, weighs 7 oz (< 200 grams)
- Installs cleanly behind the panel for continuous, always on, recordings
- Installation as a minor alteration on any Aircraft Certified under 14 CFR Part 23
Download Installation & User’s Guide (Rev A1).
Download VBox Operations & Reference Guide (V1).